Saturday, June 21, 2008

header sketch

I had some vague idea that the word "jam" was important in the sport of Roller Derby. Checking wikipedia confirmed my suspicion, so I drew this sketch for a possible header image. Salty 'Ham Jam!:


The circles at the top are meant to be the bright lights of the sporting arena.

I like this in its current, sketchy form, because -- Well, since it's a cartooning site, it makes some since to show the process behind a cartoony drawing. But it would also be cool to have a black and white, inked version, or a totally nicely colored and finished version. I might work some more on it next weekend, or keep it as is.

If anybody else feels like taking a stab at inking and/or painting and/or PhotoShopping this, let me know. I'll send you the larger, high-res version to work from.

Instead of choosing one header image, I had the idea that we could also rig it up to where, every time you come to the page, it randomly chooses from a batch of header images. I have no idea how to make that work, though. If anybody's web savvy enough to set that up, let me know, and maybe we could try to do it that way. If that's really an option, folks could vote on which image to use, and one option could be to have them rotate out like that. Something to think about. HMMM!

5 comments:

fason is a dork. said...

oh, that's so cool. send me the hi-res please and i'll see about throwing down some colors in the spirit of "jamming" on projects together.

:D

Mark Martin said...

FINISH IT FINISH IT!!!

Chris_Garrison said...

Just because Fason's going to mess with it, I don't think that means he has an exclusive. If anybody else wants to take a crack, I'll send them the high-res one, too.

WeezeL365 said...

Will that pic have anything to do with the Tragic City Rollers?
tragiccityrollers.com

Chris_Garrison said...

Well, I guess there are at least some similarities, since they're both roller derby related and B'ham related.