Wednesday, May 27, 2009

possible seasonal job?

Hey, all. Did you know that your fellow Salty 'Ham Cartooneesta Tim Rocks just did a stint as a caricaturist at the Alabama Adventure Theme Park? Well, he did. And now, for whatever reason, he has parted ways with them. I'm thinking they might be looking for somebody to fill the position, so if anybody's interested in caricature work this summer, you might ought to give them a call!


Tim, if you feel like filling folks in on what it's like to draw those Alabama Adventurers, maybe you could do so in the comments below.

1 comment:

Tim Rocks said...

"That's right, Chris!" <--said in glib announcer voice)

I didn't have much of a stint, but I can tell you a little about what's involved. They gave me a decent space in the shade of a small building with a porch-like roof. They even had a few brightly-colored wooden boxes that could be used as props to sort of design the space, set things on, etc.

They require you to have your own cash register (I found one for $75 at Office Depot which I later returned.) They also require liability insurance (in case anyone is too hurt by your rapier wit.)

It's up to you to bring signs, samples, chairs or whatever else you need.

The deal I had with them was that they'd get 35% of sales. That's about it I guess.. if you have any questions I'll try to answer them.