Monday, September 1, 2008

Blast from the recent past

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great Labor Day. I haven't been able to do too much art as of late but one of my laurels just popped up in the mail today. I participated in a 50 State Jam that Mark Martin pointed me to a while back. The info is at The Winterizer's Website
I hope to get freed up soon and get back to having fun drawing.

Kirk
Update to Post:
Here is my Alabama Submission. The deal was, J.B. Winter sends you a postcard with just the mouse IZZY and and a starting text specific to your state. You fit in however you can to imply that his character IZZY is sending a postcard back from the state he is in. I can't recall how much time it took to think up what to draw but actual drawing time was about a half hour. My only regret is that I wish I had took time to put more black in.

I received my completed booklet in the mail yesterday and was very suprised how 50 different artists with only one unifying factor and very few rules to follow made a book that looked as if one person could have done the whole thing.


1 comment:

Chris_Garrison said...

Cool! You should post the Alabama page here.