Tuesday, September 9, 2008

the 24-hour comics challenge

in a little over a month, on october 18th, is 24-hour comics day. i encourage everyone to participate! for those not in the know, a 24-hour comics challenge is where a cartoonist will try to write and draw a complete 24-page comic in the span of 24 consecutive hours. i will be at kingdom comics in vestavia (and i imagine sarah white will be there as well), which is a sponsored site for the event.



http://www.24hourcomicsday.com

http://kingdomcomics.comicnet.net

3 comments:

Chris_Garrison said...

I think I'll try that! Do we have to sign up ahead of time or something?

It sure sounds tough, though. I'm too old to stay up late any more. I don't want to discourage anyone from participating, but I'm just thinking . . . it sure must be hard to do something GOOD in that amount of time, at that length.

fason is a dork. said...

you'd be surprised. i've seen some excellent 24-hour comics. they tend to be quick reads, but that's not really a bad thing. you may want to contact kingdom comics if you want to work on yours there, just so they can have a head count. the event at KC starts at noon, so i'd get there early enough to get a spot and set up.

WeezeL365 said...

Holy crap... that time again. I've tried in the past and failed like an SOB.
Maybe if I think of a story ahead of time and start early enough... maybe I'll be able to do it this year. I'll try and give it a shot.