Sunday, October 19, 2008

24-hour comics day - UPDATES

UPDATE 1 - I went to the comics shop at 7:30ish, Saturday night.

Chris Fason was NOT THERE! I guess his plan to participate this year didn't work out.

Rosko was on his 7th page, in the 7th hour. If he continues at that rate, maybe he'll finish just in time for the noon deadline.

Sarah White had already finished penciling her 24 pages, and was already inking her 11th! At her current speed, I guess she'll have a 24 page comic in 10 hours, instead of 24 hours. She was mainlining Mountain Dews and Pepperidge Farms, so it's no wonder.

There were maybe 7 other artists there, mostly youngsters who I didn't know. I tried to politely spread some SHC propaganda around.

UPDATE 2 - I went to the comics shop again at about 11:40 on Sunday morning.

Rosko and Sarah were both gone, but I heard that they both finished their 24 pages. Congratulations, y'all!

Two other artists were still there, just finishing up, and I think one other person might have finished as well. So it sounds like there were 4 or 5 completed 24-hour comics created at Kingdom Comics this year. Pretty awesome. Hopefully some of these will get posted somewhere so we can see them.

1 comment:

WeezeL365 said...

The people I had asked to help me with 24 Hour Comics Day bailed on me, so there was no way I was getting to Birmingham, nor getting my work done here at home either.
This blog and my wife are only the vaguest semblance of support I can find anywhere.