Monday, August 25, 2008

I hate layers

I finished working on my picture of my muses and I gotta say... I'm not exactly happy with it. I had to reduce the girls and move the layers around a bit to fit'em proper on the background I had picked out. Well, that softened some lines and pixelated others and I was wondering what the hell did I do to eff this up? Well, I shoulda never kept them as JPGs the whole time, I suppose, 'cause I know they pixelate when reduced.
Regardless, I present to you, my Muses; Art, Author, Anger, Asshole, Adolescence, Agony, and Arousal:


If you really want to, you can check out the girls in their full forms, too.

1 comment:

fason is a dork. said...

believe me, you will learn to LOVE the layers.

the way i usually work, is i scan images in as .TIFs and then convert them to .PSDs for general use (coloring, etc.). if you use the free transform tool, you tend to get less pixellation when resizing. it looks like most of your characters got stretched as well when placing them in your background.

just keep working with it. i'm sure there's lots of tutorials online, but i figured out most all of my "techniques" by just playing around w/ the graphics programs.