i got kind of lazy at the end there... still, i think it came out rather nice.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Here's where Salty 'Ham Cartooneestas (cartoonist-types in middle-Alabama) can post some art, discuss collaborations, and just keep each other informed on their own projects.
Awesome! So much better than mine was going to be. Notes, if I might be so bold:
- The black line that separates the white fat tendrils on top from the lean meat should be self-lined. I mean, instead of a black line, turn it into a white line or a red line. (Like the white fat edge on the other Salty 'Ham logo.)
- Also might be nice to self-line the edge of the star burst thing, where he just rammed her. If it had a white edge, it'd look more like energy or light, and less like a thing.
- You forgot the white of the eyes on the second girl.
- I forgot to draw a shadow for that girl, so you could add that, if you want, as I did on my mock-up.
- Maybe white chin-cup thingies would be better, with more color added in the lips. Not sure about that one.
- Maybe all one hair-color would be better, so they're triplets. ?
Did you do this in PhotoShop? I wasn't sure the over-labored, roller-derby angle was actually improving on the ten-second, rock band doodle, until I saw your cool, day-glow, Speed Racer: The Movie treatment. (I mean that in the best way possible.)
gracias, and i agree. i may go back to it if i have the time later on... for now though, i'm calling it done-ish.
and yes, photoshop is my friend. we have dinner every 3rd tuesday.
trying to capture the atmosphere of a skate rink as i remember "skate haven" from my youth... ah, the 80's...
Post a Comment